Digital Surveys (3D laser scanning / CAD modeling) capture and deliver, very quickly, the complex geometries and shapes of boat hulls.
Specifically, 3D Laser Scanning can be performed for the definition of possible deflections of the hull as also to inspect every stage of the erection process for deviations from the design. Also, 3D Laser Scanner can survey complex surfaces as also unapproachable and destroyed areas for claiming and redesign. The great point sampling with 1.000.000 points per second can ensure the detailed and quick stay on the field. Any type of ship, from a sailing boat to a tanker and bulk carrier, in any place and in any time, can be surveyed.
The final unified and dense point cloud is the proper initial spatial information for the extraction of any kind of deliverables from naval lines (waterlines, buttocks and sections) to a 3D reconstructed ship geometry (modeling) in any compatible CAD format.
3D Laser scanning in new building or existing vessels can be performed for
Scanning ship hull after severe groundings and collisions on behalf of naval & insurance companies
- Accurate definition of deformations in comparison with design data.
- Detailed geometrical documentation and reporting.
- Non disputable data for court cases.
Scanning ship hull for major modification
- Faster repair times.
- As built -compatible- data for CAD softwares for any naval designing department - office.
- Accuracy with the true ship geometries.
- Direct comparison with design plans.
- Minimization of construction - erection delays.
Scanning for any geometrical inspection
- Capturing of complex and detailed surfaces.
- Extraction of all possible geometrical information (dimensions, angles).