Ship Tank Calibration Measurements
The measurement process concerned the scanning of 2 heavy fuel oil tanks via the usage of internal electro – optical ranging method and, specifically, the calculation of the heavy oil fuel tanks No.1 and No.2 volume on the SB side of Seahope II Bulk Carrier. The whole process took place on Varna shipyards and had the following discrete stages:
- Geodetically mapping of the tanks and all objects in the internal via Terrestrial Laser Scanning Methodology (TLS)
- Additional scans on the upper ship deck to maintain ship coordinate system
- Unify all individual scans to form the as build condition of the tank
- Model creation of the tanks
- Calculation of the volume per level excluding the objects inside the tanks.